Skip to content

The amount of Erasmus+ scholarships for mobile students

If you are moving through the Erasmus+ programme, you can obtain a grant. The amount is not the same for all students: it depends on the host country, your institution, social criteria or the means of transport you will use. The Erasmus+ grant can reach more than 1,000 euros per month in certain cases.

All students are eligible for a mobility grant within the framework ofan Erasmus+ program. This scholarship can even be combined with others, such as those of the regions or the city in particular.

Its amount depends on several criteria. Also, don’t be surprised if you don’t get the same amount as your classmates. Since this year, in addition to the “initial” scholarship, you can benefit from several financial supplements.

Read also

Erasmus+ scholarships for student mobility in higher education
Monthly scholarship amount Monthly supplement for internship mobility Monthly supplement “Inclusion” Complementary unit “Eco-responsible travel”
Group 1 countries From 310 to 600 € +150 € +€250* +50 €
Group 2 countries From 260 to 540 € +150 € +€250* +50 €
Group 3 countries From 200 to 490 € +150 € +€250* +50 €
*If the student meets one of the nine “Inclusion” criteria.

Between 200 and 750 euros of Erasmus+ grant

The only condition for obtaining a scholarship is the length of stay : the mobility of studies as of training course must be of two months minimum.

Each higher education institution then sets the amount it grants to all its students. according to the range given by the Erasmus+ programme. This depends on the host country because the cost of living can go from simple to double.

Also, students who carry out a study mobility:

  • in a Group 1 country (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden) benefit froma grant of between 310 and 600 euros per month.
  • in a Group 2 country (Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Germany, Greece, Italy, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain) benefit froma bourse in an amount including between 260 and 540 euros per month.
  • in a Group 3 country (Bulgaria, Croatia, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Czech Republic, North Macedonia, Turkey) benefit froma bourse in an amount including between 200 and 490 euros per month.

The amount of these scholarships corresponds to a study mobility. Those who go on internship mobility will receive, in addition, financial aid of 150 euros per month, regardless of the destination.

Read also

The “Inclusion” supplement of 250 euros per month

New since this year: the “Inclusion” add-on. It is aimed at all students who can meet at least one of the nine criteria :

  • be disabled or on a long-term assignment;
  • live in a municipality classified as a rural revitalization zone (ZRR);
  • live in an address classified as a priority district of the city;
  • be a scholarship holder based on social criteria, level 6 or 7 (or benefit from a middle school scholarship, level 1 to 3, or a high school scholarship, level 4 to 6);
  • belong to a household whose family quotient CAF is less than or equal to 551 euros;
  • have been a category A job seeker for more than a year;
  • be enrolled in one of the following schemes: fight against dropping out, voluntary contract for integration, contractualized support path towards employment and autonomy and youth guarantee, adapted military service or voluntary military service, TAPAJ program (alternative work paid by the day).

The amount of the financial supplement does not depend on your institution or the host country. It amounts to 250 euros per month in all cases.

Read also

An “Eco-responsible travel” supplement of 50 euros

Finally, a final financial supplement can be allocated to you if you choose “green” transport to reach your host country, such as bicycle, bus, train or carpooling. This boost is the same for everyone, regardless of the choice of mobility and the distance traveled, namely 50 euros. This aid is paid only once when you leave.

To obtain these “Inclusion” and “Eco-responsible travel” supplements, you just have to give this information to the International Relations department of your institution. You will then need to provide proof. Your institution will then pay you the appropriate amount. Please note that without your request, no additional assistance will be given to you.

Read also

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.