All apprenticeship pupils and students going on Erasmus+ can obtain scholarships. The amount depends on the host country, the establishment, social criteria or the means of transport used. A quick look at what you need to know to prepare for your mobility.
While all apprentices can carry out an Erasmus+ mobility and benefit from one or even several grants, the amount depends on various criteria. First of all, it is necessary to clearly differentiate between student-apprentices and student-apprentices.
The student-apprentices depend on a higher education institution and are preparing for a level 5, 6, 7 or 8 diploma at the RNCP (bachelor, BTS, BUT, master or doctorate, i.e. from bac+1). The student-apprentices are preparing for a level 3 or 4 diploma such as the CAP, the BEP or the vocational baccalaureate. Here is what to remember depending on your situation.
Erasmus+ scholarships for student-apprentices
The Erasmus+ scholarship
Higher education apprentices benefit from same conditions of access to scholarships as other students. Thus, you will be able to benefit from a scholarship of an amount:
- from 310 to 600 euros if you go to a group 1 country: Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden;
- from 260 to 540 euros if you go to a group 2 country : Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Germany, Greece, Italy, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain;
- from 200 to 490 euros if you are going to a group 3 country : Bulgaria, Croatia, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Czech Republic, North Macedonia, Turkey).
The exact amount of the grant is set by your institution, which draws from this range. To this, you must add an additional 150 euros per month if it is an internship mobility, regardless of the country.
The “Inclusion” add-on
But that’s not all. The Erasmus+ program also allows you to obtain an “Inclusion” supplement. This supplement is added every month to your initial grant. To benefit from it, you must meet at least one of the nine criteria defined by the program:
- be disabled or on a long-term assignment;
- live in a municipality classified as a rural revitalization zone (ZRR);
- live in an address classified as a priority district of the city;
- be a scholarship holder based on social criteria, level 6 or 7 (or benefit from a middle school scholarship, level 1 to 3, or a high school scholarship, level 4 to 6);
- belong to a household whose family quotient CAF is less than or equal to 551 euros;
- have been a category A job seeker for more than a year;
- be enrolled in one of the following schemes: fight against dropping out, voluntary contract for integration, contractualized support path towards employment and autonomy and youth guarantee, adapted military service or voluntary military service, TAPAJ program (alternative work paid by the day).
The amount of the “Inclusion” scholarship amounts to 250 euros per month for all those who will carry out a mobility of more than one month.
The “Eco-responsible travel” supplement
A final complement is added to all those mentioned above. The amount is the same for everyone, namely 50 euros. The only condition is to reach your host country using soft or green mobility such as bicycle, bus, carpooling or train.
In all cases, you must make your situation known to the International Relations department of your establishment to benefit from scholarships and their supplements, by providing the necessary supporting documents.
|Erasmus+ scholarships for the mobility of higher education apprentices|
|Monthly scholarship amount||Monthly supplement for internship mobility||Monthly supplement “Inclusion”||Complementary unit “Eco-responsible travel”|
|Group 1 countries||From 310 to 600 €||+150 €||+€250*||+50 €|
|Group 2 countries||From 260 to 540 €||+150 €||+€250*||+50 €|
|Group 3 countries||From 200 to 490 €||+150 €||+€250*||+50 €|
|*If the apprentice meets one of the nine inclusion criteria.|
Erasmus+ scholarships for apprentices in CAP, BEP or bac pro
Concerning the student-apprentices, we find the same main principles and the same complements. What differs is rather the amount granted.
For example, from 2022, a student-apprentice who leaves for a month in a group 1 country can obtain 1,334 euros. If he favors a country from group 2, the amount of the grant is 1,156 euros. Finally, for countries in group 3, the scholarship is 978 euros. There is no supplement for internship mobility.
On the other hand, the criteria for benefiting from the “Inclusion” supplement are the same as for students. The amount is 100 euros.
|Erasmus+ scholarships for the mobility of secondary school apprentices (CAP or bac pro) per month|
|Amount of the contribution to living expenses for a mobility of 30 days||Supplement “Inclusion”|
|Group 1 countries||€1,334*||+€100**|
|Group 2 countries||€1,156*||+€100**|
|Group 3 countries||€978*||+€100**|
|*The contribution to accommodation costs is paid to the sending organisation: the latter can use it to cover the expenses related to the stay on site and/or pay it in the form of a grant to the learner.|
|**If the apprentice meets one of the nine inclusion criteria. Amount paid to the sending organization and which may top up the learner’s scholarship.|
Finally, a supplement relating to travel expenses may be added to the grant. If your host country is located between 100 and 500 km from your home, you can get aid of 180 euros by taking the plane and 210 euros by choosing green mobility (bicycle, bus, carpooling, train). If the distance between the two countries is between 500 and 2,000 km, you will get 275 euros for a plane trip and 320 euros for an eco-responsible mobility trip.
Please note that the various scholarships and contributions to travel costs are not automatically paid to the student himself. Sometimes, the establishment receives these sums directly to reserve transport, accommodation, etc.
|Travel costs for the mobility of secondary school apprentices (CAP or bac pro)|
|Distance between the two countries||Amount of costs for air travel||Amount of costs for a trip with an eco-responsible means of transport|
|500 to 2,000 km||275 €||€320*|
|*Valid for travel by train, bus, bike or carpool.|