- Establish research in cyber security in Australia
- Work with leading companies and government agencies within CSCRC
- Enjoy the benefits of working in a large organization in a regional location
- Fixed Term (up to 12 months), Full Time
- Level B – $100,476 to $119,121 pa (plus 17% superannuation)
- Bathurst or Wagga Wagga
Funded by the Cyber Security Cooperative Research Center (CSCRC) you will work closely with the CSCRC to develop and engage in high-quality, impactful research projects that contribute to cyber security in Australia and are supported by the CSCRC.
The focus will be to apply software engineering, machine learning and/or cyber security expertise in real-life scenarios including cyber security for agriculture through various relevant tasks such as agriculture asset management, data collection and visualisation, virtual CISO development, malware detection, ransomware detection, vulnerability detection, intrusion detection, threat hunting, authentication, cryptography, cyber security disaster recovery, data trustworthiness, privacy-preserving data sharing/flow, and privacy-preserving federated learning.
To be successful you will have:
- A PhD relevant to the computing discipline, computer science, information technology or related areas in cybersecurity, machine learning or software engineering with strong programming expertise.
- Excellent research track record in cyber security, machine learning and/or software development as demonstrated by publications in top-tier journals and conferences.
- Demonstrated capabilities to conduct research in the area of cyber security, machine learning, software engineering or related technical areas and implementation of such research and/or a record of research capacity to make an autonomous contribution.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively liaise with academic colleagues and administrative staff, and work as a member of a team.
Applicants are expected to apply online and address the selection criteria in the position description. If you experience difficulties applying online or for further information on completing the application process please visit our how to apply page or contact us.
Evidence of having received a full course of a COVID-19 vaccination approved by the Therapeutic Goods Administration is required as a condition of entry onto Charles Sturt University campuses. Accordingly, evidence of vaccination or a valid exemption is a condition of employment at Charles Sturt University.
Charles Sturt University is a young and growing university committed to developing far-sighted people who help their communities grow and flourish. We make a significant contribution to the prosperity and vibrancy of our rural and regional communities, with a reach and impact across Australia and internationally. We work together with industry, communities and students to create new thinking, inspire each other and make a positive and progressive contribution to the world.
The Faculty of Business, Justice and Behavioral Sciences covers a diverse range of disciplines and is comprised of 6 Schools, 2 Centers and CSU Engineering – the School of Management and Marketing, School of Accounting and Finance, School of Computing and Mathematics, School of Policing Studies, Australian Graduate School of Policing and Security , School of Psychology, Center for Law and Justice, Center for Customs and Excise Studies and CSU Engineering.
Our Faculty are leaders in their fields of teaching and research and combine significant professional experience with academic expertise. Our schools continue to grow through close collaboration and consultation with private industry, regulators, professional bodies, community engagement, partnerships and global networks.
Charles Sturt University (Charles Sturt) is a member of the consortium which has been successful in establishing $140M Cyber Security Cooperative Research Center (CSCRC). The Cyber Security CRC consists of 23 participants including leading companies such as Optus, CISCO, TSS Cyber and Tata Consulting and crucial government agencies such as the Australian Signals Directorate and the Australian Federal Police. State governments including from NSW to WA are also members of this industry led consortia.
Charles Sturt University offers a great work-life balance, professional development opportunities and generous financial benefits.
Charles Sturt University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. This is demonstrated through our Workplace Gender Equality Agency Employer of Choice Citation and our Athena SWAN Bronze Institutional Award. Charles Sturt is also a participating member in the Australian Workplace Equality Index. Applications are encouraged from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); people who identify as LGBTIQA+; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Additional information is available in the Position Description or by contacting:
Zahid Islam | Professor of Computer Science | email@example.com | Ph: 02 6338 4214
Closing Date: 11 pm, 19 July 2022