- Leadership opportunity for an experienced Health and Safety Senior Manager, Assurance, Systems Improvement and Reporting, to lead a team of assurance and analyst professionals supporting Faculties and Operations.
- Deploy your technical expertise to contribute to the design and development of the Health and Safety Professional Service Units strategic objectives.
- Full time, continuing position, offering competitive remuneration and generous employer’s contribution to superannuation
About the opportunity
With the recently established Health and Safety Professional Service Unit (PSU) we are in a period of considerable development to deliver on the university’s Safety strategy. As a result, we are seeking a consultative and specialist Health and Safety Senior Manager, Assurance, Systems Improvement and Reporting to work within the Health and Safety Center of Expertise. This is an integral role in the development and delivery of successful customer service providing assurance partnering and coaching this will also include high quality and insightful data analysis and reporting. Your keen interest in continuous improvement will be key as you will drive the continuous improvement initiatives of the health and safety management system.
Operating as a Health and Safety expert at a senior level you will provide clear leadership and guidance to your team, clients and colleagues alike. Utilizing your high level of business partnering as a strategic and operational lead, you will leverage and develop recommendations on strategic proposals on university wide reporting and analysis improvements. Critically you will ensure the timely and accurate delivery of Senate, University Executive and operational reports across the University.
- proven experience in successfully leading a team of senior safety professionals within audit, health and safety management systems and system improvement, servicing multiple customers within a large, complex, matrix organization
- expertise in HSMS audit and assurance process design and execution
- expertise in analysis and analytical methods for quantitative statistical trending and deep dive qualitative analysis leading to insightful reporting.
- negotiation and conflict resolution skills and a demonstrated level of tact and discretion in dealing with a variety of matters
- successful leadership in developing an effective and sustainable safety culture and of conceptualising, developing and implementing practical compliance and safety programs
- a clear, consultative management approach, providing leadership, mentoring and guidance to senior staff to enable them to lead cultural and behavioral change
- a high level of stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to negotiate and influence outcomes
- capability in working flexibly, adapting to changing circumstances and environments and, when necessary, navigating through ambiguity
- development and implementation of the business operating plans for the systems, assurance and reporting teams and the efficient alignment of resources to meet key objectives
- practical experience of Work Health and Safety with a demonstrated understanding of relevant legislation, policies, Australian Safety Standards and risk management practices
- experience in applying H&S and Safety Management strategies in complex scientific or medical laboratory-based research environments.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identifies as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
how to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support by filling out this application, please contact Sajad Bahram, Recruitment Operations, by email to email@example.com
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 03 July 2022 11:59 PM