University College London invites international students to apply for the Denys Holland Scholarship for the 2019-2020 academic year. The scholarship aims to support undergraduate students from any country, who would not be able to secure the funding required to study at the university without the scholarship support, and who can demonstrate their intent to take full advantage of the activities offered by the university and the Student Union.
Professor Denys Holland, in whose memory the scholarship was established through donations from his students, was an empathetic social man. He was Dean and Professor at the Faculty of Law, and one of his main interests was to take care of students and realize their dreams under his auspices, as he aimed to accept the largest number of students in the Faculty of Law to fully integrate into university life.
- Hold a valid university number.
- Have a valid university ID (not a registration number).
- Have an offer of admission to the University of London College for full-time undergraduate study starting in September 2019 in any department.
- To be in financial need.
- Ability to demonstrate that they have broad interests and that they intend to actively participate in and contribute to an inclusive life.
- Be 25 years of age or younger at the time of their studies.
- Ability to express in detail their current interests and indicate areas of non-academic activity they hope to pursue while studying. They are also required to provide information on their financial circumstances and other sources of income required to fund their studies, the selection committee may request additional information.
Read Also: Residence In Australia… General Information For Everyone Who Wants To Immigrate To Australia To Settle There
The scholarship is awarded on the basis of financial need, taking into account applicants who demonstrate their intent to play a full role in the extracurricular activities of the University and the Student Union. The selection committee meets in mid-August, and successful applicants can expect to be informed of results by email in early/mid-September. Successful applicants will be notified once a decision has been made by mid-September, and if you are not notified of the outcome by September 13, 2019, your application has not been successful.
The scholarship is worth £9,000 per year for 3 years, subject to satisfactory academic progress.