- Full time, Continuing
- Exciting opportunity for a Clinical Trial Support Manager to join the Faculty of Medicine and Health
- Base Salary $129,847-$137,008 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Faculty of Medicine and Health at the University of Sydney has an outstanding reputation and a stated ambition of becoming Australia’s leading clinical trials University and among the leading global academic clinical trials organisations.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Trials Support Manager to join the team at a time of strategic evolution and expansion. the Clinical Trials Support Manager provides a senior liaison for the clinical research community across the Faculty of Medicine and Health (FMH).
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- provide sound, strategic and expert tailored advice, and structured training, to research groups and other support professionals on the process for establishment (and expansion) of clinical trials through oversight functions, including risk assessment, site governance, ethics, contracts and account establishment
- act as a cohesive link between specialist clinical trial officers performing oversight functions within the Faculty of Medicine and Health, to optimize trial establishment and ensure trialists have a clear and common understanding of all steps required
- identify and analyze emerging risks and threats to the timely establishment of clinical trials and recommend elimination or mitigation strategies in collaboration with stakeholders; and
- troubleshoot concerns and questions, triaging to appropriate specialist colleagues and ensuring timely escalation as required.
- Hold tertiary degree in Clinical Science, Health, Research or equivalent
- Experience successfully managing a diverse group of key internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to scope the standard contracts required to achieve trial goals, including funding, collaboration, product support and logistics, clinical trial services and site agreements
- Experience in Clinical Research/Clinical Trial start up support
- has a strong understanding of, and is committed to ensuring robust compliance with, legislative and policy requirements for clinical trials in a highly regulated environment
- Hold a strong understanding of GCP ICH
- Experience working on large complex projects and project managing multiple work streams
- demonstrates considerable experience in managing competing deadlines
- exhibits resilience and is capable of exercising sound judgment in decision making
- Have a focus on client service and continuous improvement
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identifies as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
how to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support by filling out this application, please contact Lena Germinarios, Recruitment Operations, by email to email@example.com.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Wednesday 10 August 2022 11:59 PM