Studying abroad must be considered fun and amazing and gives the student an intellectual challenge and a rich cultural experience, in return, the funds needed to study abroad are not always readily available, and often those funds are the main obstacle that prevents the student from completing his studies in Britain or America.
Fortunately, international students often find themselves in front of a good range of options to provide their studies abroad, the most prominent of which are scholarships, the most prominent of which are the DAD Scholarship to study in Germany and the Chevening Scholarship to study in the United Kingdom.
What is a Chevening Scholarship?
An international scholarship offered by the British Government to students in “third world countries” who demonstrate their ability to lead. This scholarship provides students with the opportunity to study for a one-year master’s degree in the United Kingdom.
This scholarship aims to help international students and prepare them to be leaders and decision-makers in the future, by studying at British universities known for their high academic and research reputation.
Learn About: The Cheapest Universities In Uk
Chevening Scholarship Worth
The Chevening Scholarship provides an international student with almost everything he needs during his studies, as the scholarship covers university fees, travel costs to and from the UK, visa costs, master’s thesis scholarship, costs of attending Chevening events in Britain, and more costs
Chevening Scholarship Disciplines
A student can choose any of the graduate programs as long as the duration of study does not exceed one year, but since this scholarship is specifically aimed at emerging leaders and students looking to obtain leadership roles in the future, there are some disciplines that may be more suitable than others This, of course, increases the chance of the applicant receiving the scholarship.
The most prominent of these are law, human rights, economics, development studies, science and innovation, financial regulation, criminal justice, public administration, and conflict prevention studies.
Applying for a Chevening Scholarship
Initially, you must register for the scholarship via the Chevening website, during which time you will need a valid passport, two letters of recommendation written in English, details of your previous universities, and your choices for three potential UK Masters’s programs.
Later on, you will be required to prove your English language ability in accordance with the scholarship requirements (by passing one of the TOEFL or IELTS tests), in addition to accepting a master’s program from a British university.
When does the Chevening Scholarship start?
Registration for the Chevening Scholarship for the next academic year 2022/2023 is currently available from August 2 to November 1, 2022, through the official website of the scholarship. from.
What are the requirements for a Chevening Scholarship?
- Determining the type of scholarship you wish to obtain, whether it is a scholarship or a fellowship, and then choosing the country to show you the available opportunities that you can apply for.
- Answering questions related to eligibility conditions and criteria, which differ from one grant to another, but the general conditions are as follows:
- The applicant must have a Bachelor’s degree.
- Possess at least two years of experience working full-time, part-time, or volunteering
- He has a clear vision regarding his future ambitions.
- Not be a British citizen.
- Not be a recipient of any previous grant from the British government.
- Not be involved in any activities in institutions linked to the British Government.
- Willing to return to his country after graduation and work there for at least two years
- Fill in personal information, including full name, date of birth, nationality, country of residence, contact information, and other basic information.
- You will be asked to fill in your academic history at the undergraduate level.
- Professional CV Applicants need at least two years of professional experience to qualify for a Chevening Scholarship or Fellowship.
- Applicants for Chevening Scholarships and Fellowships must fulfill the English language requirements of one of the English certificates such as the IELTS test, and the Cambridge English test.
- Determining the university and specializations, you can include three options for different specializations in the same university, or you can include one specialization in three different universities, and the application can only be considered valid if three options are filled out.
- Answer the essay questions that assess your writing skills and your interest in getting this opportunity.
- Answer questions related to the applicant’s passport and your previous visits to Britain.
- Reconfirm information regarding their eligibility for Chevening Scholarships and Fellowships.
- Emphasis on adherence to the criteria and conditions of the grant in the event of obtaining a Chevening grant.
- You will be asked to add the contact information of two references to you, whether family or friends.
- Answer the equal opportunities questions that are put to the applicant related to the issue of equal opportunities, through which it is known whether the applicant has a disability, religious or ethnic minorities, and others.
- Knowing the way you got to know the Chevening program, any marketing means.
- Send the request and confirm.