- Full-time, continuing position
- Located at our Gold Coast campus, relocation support available
- Supportive, inclusive and collaborative environment
Southern Cross University is a young, dynamic and rising institution of excellence committed to transforming tomorrow. Our game changing new education model brings a deeper learning experience, improving individual student outcomes and quality of life.
Working at Southern Cross University combines a rare combination of being surrounded by ambitious students, amazing and dedicated colleagues and an environment of stunning natural beauty. We are leaders in our communities in the Northern Rivers region of New South Wales, Coffs Harbor and the Gold Coast and pride ourselves on helping shape a better tomorrow.
About the opportunity
Southern Cross University’s Faculty of Health is seeking an Associate Lecturer/Lecturer in Biomedical Sciences to conduct innovative online and face to face teaching of undergraduate units, and coordinate work-integrated learning within the Bachelor of Biomedical Science.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Provide high standard of teaching and learning, educational design and delivery.
- Provide leadership in the development of educational materials for Biomedical Sciences curricula.
- Undertake Unit Assessor responsibilities for one or more units during a teaching term.
- Undertake relevant community and professional engagement that support and enhance the University and Faculty’s profile and priorities.
To be successful in this role, you will have the skills to deliver high-quality teaching and value an innovative blended model of learning.
More specifically, you will have:
- A Master’s or PhD (or demonstrated significant progress towards completion) in Biomedical Science or closely related area in human health.
- Biomedical science experience in pathology labs and actively engaged in ongoing professional development. Ability to gain professional membership with the Australian Institute of Medical and Clinical Scientists is required.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching Biomedical Science or related topics in a university setting (ability to teach genetic pathology and/or histopathology and/or transfusion science is required).
- Evidence of participation in work-integrated learning coordination; placement partnerships; relevant professional bodies; and/or community groups.
The University’s values are integrity and collegiality. Alignment with these values, along with the ability to actively contribute to the success of a team, are inherent requirements of the role.
salary and benefits
Our staff benefit from flexible work arrangements, including hybrid work models, generous parental and carer’s leave provisions, wellbeing initiatives, employee assistance programs and professional learning opportunities.
This position is:
- Full-time, continuing (permanent)
- Located at Gold Coast. Generous relocation support available.
- Academic Level A or B :
- The base salary for Academic Level A ranges from $71,728 – $96,574 per annum, plus 17% employers contribution to superannuation. The total remuneration package is up to $112,991.
- The base salary for Academic Level B ranges from $101,544 – $120,179 per annum, plus 17% employers contribution to superannuation. The total remuneration package is up to $140,609.
Find out more about working at SCU by visiting Why Work at SCU.
Applicants must apply online and provide responses to the selection criteria in the position description by the closing date. Information to support you prepare your application is available on our website. If you experience difficulties applying online or need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know by contacting email@example.com
Job applicants must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, Australian permanent resident or currently hold a visa with ongoing work rights in Australia. Employer visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Additional information is available in the position description or by contacting:
Yam: Dr Chris Stevens
Telephone: 0411 797 245
Closing Date: 9:00 a.m. AEST, 15 July 2022
Southern Cross University is committed to diversity and social inclusion and aim to ensure equality in the recruitment of our staff. Applications are supported and encouraged from those that bring diversity to the University.
Together, we are Transforming Tomorrow.