Artbox – Creative Producer
artbox.io Please send a cover letter and CV
At Artbox, we’re well aware of the impact meaningful art has on people. We are artists, creative producers, engineers, project managers, fabricators, sculptors, architects, set designers, graphic designers, painters, conceptual artists, computer programmers, videographers, event producers, community members, proponents of a greater tomorrow and dedicated to realizing our vision to the fullest. Artbox’s founding ethos is to create paid work opportunities for artists and the creative sector, including by servicing needs and problems not traditionally associated with the arts.
We are seeking a qualified Creative Producer. Our ideal candidate will be trusted to dive right in, use initiative, and help our creative projects shine in our early-stage art startup. We are looking for a highly-skilled person at budgets, timelines and quality tracking – with an interest in how we might innovate in project management using insights from product management. This person will join and inspire a team of like-minded go-getters to achieve our vision of making the world a more meaningful place to live, work and play.
Make Meaningful Art
Artbox supports artists and partners to produce art that brings meaning out of, or to places. We believe Art can be a democratic tool to bring a sense of connection, identity, wonder and community to audiences irrespective of background, belief or culture.
Engage Diverse Artists
Artbox values diverse lived experiences because we know that through diversity we are enabled to experience new ways of seeing, being and living.
Promote Sustainable Practices
We value environmental and professional sustainability because safeguarding biodiversity, mitigating climate change and promoting life are our shared responsibility, and foster the opportunities of tomorrow.
Load: Part-time 0.4FTE baseline + casual hours
Period: To be discussed, opportunities for permanent full-time
Starting Salary: $88,000.00 pro rat plus 10% Super
● Manage all operational aspects of programs including workflow, timelines, asset development and budget tracking.
● Create schedules, determine resources, estimate time, track costs and project completion requirements.
● Obtain necessary approvals and communicate plans to relevant stakeholders (Client, Accounts, Legal, Marketing, etc)
● Ensure team establishes and maintains appropriate processes, procedures, forms and job tracking to keep deliverables on time and on budget.
● Anticipate and effectively mitigate problems, and consistently communicate to stakeholders about updates on progress, relevant delays or issues and budget implications.
● Work collaboratively and proactively with internal team and external agencies to assess project requirements and ensure efficient development and delivery.
● Provide regular feedback to establish project priorities and communicate milestones and deadlines. ● Adopt technologies used by Artbox (Slack, Notion, Tally, etc.) and proactively use them so as to support team collaboration, project documentation and information exchange.
● Other duties as dictated by business needs and in line with your skills & experience.
● Strong writing skills
● Superior communication & analytical skills, including ability to identify & solve ambiguous problems ● Excellent interpersonal skills including in client-facing settings
● 4 – 6 years+ industry experience managing programs and/or creative asset production involving a broad range of stakeholders including, but not limited to artists, suppliers, consultants, clients, Councils, etc.
● Experience supervising simultaneous programs.
● Proven ability to work with high volume outputs in a demanding environment.
● Good level of experience in creation and management of content.
● Knowledge of production process including video, digital, print and out of home and being able to craft this process to manage tight timelines.
● Technical aptitude and an ability to learn systems and processes.
● Excellent attention to detail.
Preferred Skills / Opportunities for Growth
● Grant/EOI/tender writing experience
● Intermediate CAD/Graphic design software skills to produce basic plans
● Experience working in/with local government and understanding of government procurement and strategic processes
● Conducting business and financial analysis, including forecasting, monitoring, and reporting
● You are a self-starter and can juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic and often ambiguous environment
● An entrepreneurial drive, proven ability to influence others
● Strong analytic and quantitative skills – ability to use data to develop and measure programs
Please send a cover letter and CV.